Elekid, Bzztt

Read Time:4 Minute, 13 Second

Hello everyone!

Welcome back to a new post! If you read my last post about my Pikachu drawing, you might remember that I thought that that wouldn’t be my last Pokémon drawing. Well, I was right. For this drawing, I tried recreating one of my favourite Pokémon from generation 3; Elekid!
Also, since I already finished another drawing after this one, I can tell you that the next drawing will be yet another Pokémon! So stay tuned for that.

First of all, I sketched Elekid roughly with my pencil, looking at several references. The sketching project in this drawing was really relaxing. Elekid’s linework wasn’t too advanced. Because of this, I was drawing while listening to some music. I was listening to the latest album of The Script called ‘Sunsets & Full Moons’, which I could really recommend you checking out! The result of my sketching can be seen below.

After sketching, I cleaned up with my 0.4mm fine liner. First of all, I overdrew the important lines with the fine liner. After that, I erased almost all of the leftover pencil lines with my eraser. I kept some lines (like the ones at the top you can see) to remind myself about some edges of Elekid. This will come in handy later when colouring it in.

Now that I got the foundation down, I wanted to start giving it some colour. In the Pikachu drawing, I used my pencils. However, for this one, I used my alcohol-based markers for the first time. Alcohol markers are really cool, as your different coloured markers can blend in with one another. By doing this, you can create cool gradings as well as simply mix two colours you have to get a new colour.
I started out by adding black in the places necessary. Because I used the alcohol markers, the black went down really smoothly and seemed really ‘flat’ after applying it, which I really liked. The result can be seen below.

Next, I started testing my markers to see what colours would fit Elekid best. Of course, Elekid is mainly yellow, so this one was the most important to find the right tone for. For this drawing, I wanted to incorporate some dark spots on Elekid, giving it a feel of shadow and light. After trying some colours, I found a yellow which I found pretty nice for Elekid. However, I didn’t really have a yellow that could function as the darker yellow.

So I kind of had a bit of a problem, but I remembered alcohol markers can mix really well. So I took yet another sheet of paper and applied a bunch of the yellow I just picked. Then I started adding different kinds of grey and light orange. After trying all of them, I found a colour which was pretty nice. It was a kind of creamy-grey colour, which together with the yellow formed a pretty, dark yellow.

Colouring in, I started out by just applying a base layer of the yellow I chose. The yellow seemed pretty nice. After doing that, I started applying the creamy-grey colour to the sport I thought would be darker. The mixing of the colour didn’t go optimal, as I didn’t use blending paper. Because of this, adding a lot of ink to the paper kind of messed up the texture. However, it still came out pretty nice, which you can see below!

Then, I realized that I didn’t give him a mouth yet… Poor Elekid. So I picked two kinds of red and applied them in his mouth. The main Elekid figure was done now.

I liked him, but it still felt kind of white. Right now, I had a white sheet with quite some yellow, some black and a little bit of red on it. Because the sheet is white, and Elekid is yellow, Elekid didn’t really pop out of it. To fix this, I tried adding a dark blue diamond behind him. It actually really helped him pop out more! Which I’m really happy about.

Now it’s time for the final reveal! Behold and take a look at the Elekid I created!

I hope you liked the drawing and reading the post! Let me know what you think :).

Treatey out

Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleppy
Sleppy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *